Thursday, August 23, 2012

Song of the Day: Youth Lagoon- Cannons

While browsing my Google reader late yesterday, I came across the cutest Austin hipster couple and their very original wedding featured on Style Me Pretty. It's always fun to see my city featured on the site, and all the different ways that people interpret their weddings in Austin. There really is something for everyone.

This cute couple got married on Cinco de Mayo at the top of a parking garage. So unique! And all the details just seemed to be so perfectly matched to their personalities. Most of all though was their wedding website. The groom is a graphics designer, and he created the whole thing. It's awesome and you have to check it out.

You're probably wondering what this has to do with the song of the day....I'm getting there, I promise! While peeking through their site, I landed on the proposal page and launched the video he created of the actual proposal. It's kind of a two part video. It's of the actual proposal happening, but the second half plays the video he made (of their entire first date) that he showed her during the proposal. It was so creative!!! But most importantly, it seemed to just scream the two of them. While he made a big production about it, I could tell that it was still very intimate and sentimental- and that's really all that matters. Plus, he played not one, but two cool songs from an artist I've never heard before. And that's how I get back to my point. Enjoy- it totally made me smile!





PS- It drives me nuts that Blogger is a big pain about embedding videos. If anyone knows a way around it, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment