Monday, July 16, 2012

July Birchbox

I still look forward to that one day each month when something FUN graces my mailbox. No bills, no junk mail, just a cute little box with goodies inside. This month's Birchbox is fantastic! They teamed up with Glamour magazine to put together a "multi-sensory" box of samples, and there are a few winners this time around.




In the box:

Harvey Prince "Hello" perfume ($55 for 50 ml)- It's the perfect summer scent! Just the right blend of citrus and flower, it smells great without being too over powering. I'm ordering some next week.

Klorane Shampoo with Chamomile ($18 for 3.4 oz)- I used it this morning and loved the smell and the thick lather. I also like that fact that it's targeted to blonde hair and brightening highlights, and is supposed to leave hair smoother and shinier after each use. It's only a few dollars more than the shampoo I get at the salon, so it might be worth a whole bottle.

Ada Cosmetics Bronzer in "Bronze Peach" ($12.45 for 3 grams)- Made with only 3 skin-safe minerals, this coppery pink bronzer can be used just about anywhere. I've never really mastered the art of bronzer, so this will be a fun (low cost) way to experiment. Since I try to stay out of the sun, at least I can have a little bit of a sun-kissed glow this way.

blinc Mascara ($26 for .21 oz)- I haven't tried this one yet, but the price alone might prevent me from buying it. I'm pretty happy with my $5 tube of Maybelline. But the "high tech tubing formula sounds intriguing, and you're supposed to be able to remove it with just water and a little pressure. We'll see. I'm due for a new mascara, and this generous sized-tube will work for now.

Larabar Apple Turnover Health Bar ($12.69 for 5)- Lost me on the flavor (I love apple, just not apple-flavored things), but I'm sure Hunk will taste test it for me. The price also seems a little steep. I can make my own bars for much less than this.

Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds (not for sale)- The colors are super fun, but I haven't tested out the quality of the earbuds yet. The description says they're "super durable and super comfy". I'm hard on earbuds, so I'll see if they hold up. They look great with my silver Shuffle, so I'll have to put them to use for my morning run tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment