Friday, July 27, 2012

Diet and Exercise Tips for Healthy Skin

It's been awhile since I've written much about healthy habits. That's mainly because I've been walking a fine line on keeping up a healthy lifestyle myself. I've been doing just enough to get by, but I could be doing so much better. So I'll take the fact that this was the first article I saw this morning as a sign that I need to step it up a bit.

I've mentioned before how I'm much more aware of the wrinkles on my face. I have not been the best about taking preventive measures to delay the inevitable, but I try. This Yahoo article provides some really great information about how we exercise and what we eat affects our skin. We all know that doughnuts have no benefits, period. But I've never really thought about how the type of exercise you do benefits skin.

Right now I run 3-4 times a week, and am trying to do 2 days of strength training. We don't eat much dessert, but I know I could cut out a little more sugar from my diet. I'd love to add a day of yoga, if anything just to have one whole hour to de-stress. I like to think I get plenty of sleep, but I often feel tired in the afternoons. What I like best about reading articles such as this is that it really makes you evaluate your daily choices, and think about small changes you could make for the better. Read it if you have a few minutes, and let me know what you're already doing, or could do, to keep that skin healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment