Monday, March 11, 2013

In the Kitchen: Onesie Sugar Cookies

I mentioned in my last post that we hosted a baby shower for a friend on Saturday. I made Petit Fours to serve at the party, but wanted to try something out from the Decorating Cookies book that I got for Christmas. I found the most adorable Onesie sugar cookies, and knew they would make perfect party favors.

Now- I will take NO credit for being creative. That's what my mom and sister are for. What I excel at is execution. Give me the idea, and I'll make it happen. I was not thrilled with the dough recipe from this book, and will be on the search for another one next time I decide to make cookies. But the royal icing recipe was perfect, and the book has some really great tips for decorating. I learned a ton just reading through the first section.

Luckily my friend Shelly agreed to come over to help me on Friday night. I had already spent most of Wednesday and Thursday getting the baking part out of the way, but the bulk of the work was for night #3. I would have been up until 3 in the morning if it wasn't for her help, and I am so grateful. We've taken a cake decorating class before, and we both love anything to do with baking, so it was a lot of fun drinking wine and having some girl talk while absolutely destroying the kitchen. The end result was  perfect, and I'm looking forward to trying my hand at other themed decorations.

My sister-in-law took some fabulous pictures from the party and posted them on her blog. Feel free to hop on over to this post to take a look. If I say so myself, the girls in my family can throw one heck of a party. I thought everything turned out great and it seemed like everyone had a good time!

Day 2- white flooding is done.

3 different designs in colors to match the party theme.

Cookies for miles. 


The finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment