Thursday, September 27, 2012

September Birchbox

This month's box was kind-of a dud, I'm not going to lie. There was only one product that I truly loved. I do plan on ordering it, so I guess that's kind-of a success. But nothing else in there was all that exciting to me. The theme was Favorite Fall Trends, but nothing about the items seemed all that "trendy" to me.




Items in my box, in order of favorite to least favorite (or least useful):

Vasanti Brighten Up! Face Rejuvenator ($34.00)- This scrub has some serious enzymes and microderm crystals that help break down dead cells and fade the appearance of fine lines and scars. The first time I used this, it felt like I had scrubbed off half my face- in a good way! My skin felt amazing, and I will be placing my order first thing tomorrow when my paycheck is deposited. For the price, this is a quality microderm scrub!


Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir ($83.00)- I like this smell- the description says "sophisticated blend of florals and earthy notes". The only problem is that I now have a Spring/Summer signature fragrance, and a Fall/Winter signature fragrance. I really don't need any more right now. But the sample size is perfect for my gym bag, and smelling nice throughout the day when I shower at work.


WEI to Go Sleep Over Kit: Real Clean and Ideal Skin ($19.00): I'm totally confused by this packaging. It seems very wasteful, and wasn't that easy to use. It's a shame, because the products are actually decent. It comes with two Gelled Oil Cleansers, and one Perfect Finish pod (I got two applications out of it. I just don't think the packaging makes it any more useful for a sleepover than having a trial sized container. For the money, it's not a bargain to me.




Brush Guard Variety Pack ($5.50): If you invest in nice make-up brushes, then these are a necessity. They partner perfectly with the brush cleanser I got two boxes ago! You wash your make-up brushes, and use these to help them keep their shape while they're drying.



twistband Lace up for Fall ($22.00)- $22.00 for 12 cheap looking hair ties that don't even hold my hair in a ponytail? No thank you. I have exceptionally thin hair, so these probably work great for someone with thick hard. But I can buy a box of rubberbands for $3 and look just as fashionable.


ColorClub Custom Collection ($8.00)- The color I received was Put a Pin In It....and it looks like death on my skin. That's all I've got to say about that.


I'm not all that disappointed in my box- just wish it had been a little more exciting. I signed up for the "exclusive" goop themed box next month, and hopefully that will have some fun items in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment