Friday, April 12, 2013

Happies & Crappies {2}

TGIF! I can't believe it's Friday already, and I'm linking up with Scissors & a Whisk for a second week. It's kind-of nice to think back through the week, reflecting on the good things that happened. The crappy ones always come to mind quickly, so it's a good practice to find a way to focus on the happy ones more.


Scissors and a Whisk: Happies and Crappies Link Up


Let's get the CRAPPIES out of the way first- mainly because I'm going to write more about it later:

1- Got my blood work back from our wellness center, and it shows that my blood sugar is elevated (like pre-diabetic elevated). I met with our staff dietician (could I BE any luckier to have these services on site at work?!) and we mapped out a plan to nip this thing in the bud. It's crappy for sure, but probably the kick in the butt I needed to take back control of my health.


The HAPPIES

1- We got a heck of a lot of yard work done this past weekend, and it has been so nice pulling up to the house each day, seeing our beautiful yard.

2- We purchased our wedding bands, and checked one more thing off the wedding "to-do" list.

3- I managed to wake up 3 mornings in a row to exercise, and even fit in a lunchtime run and an after-work yoga class. On my way to making better habits!


I'm so ready for the weekend to officially start. I get to spend time with girlfriends tonight and tomorrow, and then Hank and I are heading to a crawfish boil Saturday afternoon with even more friends. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect, and it should be a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment