Friday, April 5, 2013

Happies and Crappies

I've come across a lot of fun new blogs recently, and I enjoy reading what other people are up to. Today I decided to link up with fellow Austin blogger Sarah from Scissors & a Whisk for her Friday "Happies and Crappies". I had at least one of each, and thought it would be an appropriate way to at least brag share about my "Happy".


Scissors and a Whisk: Happies and Crappies Link Up




Happies:

1- I was one of the lucky few who received the Mumford and Sons email to get tickets. They are trying to find a way to bypass scalpers from buying up all the tickets and jacking up the price. So you could sign up on an email list to get first shot at tickets. Apparently we were lucky because a lot of people we know did not get the email that we did. So I hopped on the site immediately, and now Hank and I will be going to the June 8th show at the new Austin 360 Amphitheater!!!

2- I went wedding dress shoe shopping with my mom on Easter Sunday. At first I was irked that the mall was closed, but we went to DSW instead and I found the most adorable pair of shoes for only $32! I would have spent 5 times that much had Nordstroms been opened, so I guess it worked out for the best.


Crappies:

1- I made a $30,000 error at work, and had to eat crow on a conference call to try and fix it. I'm sure no one likes making mistakes, but a one that involves 5 digits? No bueno. We got it fixed though, and the customer is happy.


Regardless of that, I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) beautiful Austin spring weekend. We're helping with a neighborhood Firewise clean-up on Saturday, and then meeting up with some friends in from out of town on Sunday. Hank was out of town most of this week, so it will be nice to get to spend some quality time together.

What are your fun plans for the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy! :) I'm so excited to find another Austin blogger!!! So many are in Dallas and Houston, but not a lot around atx :)

    I got Mumford tickets too! I definitely didn't realize even the email thing was as competitive as it was, so that sort of makes it even more exciting!

    ReplyDelete