Monday, May 14, 2012

Pretty in Pink Cupcakes

I've been on a bit of a baking binge lately. Work is driving me to insanity, and I guess in a way it's a relaxing distraction for me. I'll blame my sister for sending me the Ruffle Cake request. That's really what started it. Since then, I've made Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, and these dainty little things for Mother's Day:





I found the cupcake liners at Bake it Sweet when I was picking up supplies for the ruffle cake. They just totally reminded me of my mom- so I had to get them. I also found the silver nonpareils there as well, and loved the different sizes. I knew it would be easy to come up with something pretty for Mother's Day. I tried a different piping technique than I usually use (starting from the center, working my way out) and love the look that it produced. I was really happy with the end product! They are just a simple white cake with a raspberry filling, and traditional buttercream on top. Simple, pretty, and oh so classy- just like my mom.

I've relied on youtube tutorials for the bulk of my decorating skills, but I'm really interested in taking a few classes. Bake it Sweet has a great schedule with tons of options, but I'm almost overwhelmed in finding a starting point. I started a Pinterest board just for cakes, and I'd love to try my hand at making some more difficult things, so I know a few classes would help. Stay tuned...as I'm not nearly finished in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment