Friday, February 17, 2012

My Cheesy Valentine

My mom always made a big deal out of Valentine's Day growing up, and I guess that's part of why I love the holiday so much. It's not all about cheesy romance, but it's a day to do something special. I realize that not everyone shares that sentiment. Especially those of you who think you should show your love every day. I don't disagree. I just don't see what's so wrong about being a little extra-special on this particular day.

Hunk isn't the biggest fan of the holiday, but I appreciate the fact that he was willing to indulge me just a little bit. Right before lunchtime on Tuesday, I got a text saying to go outside my building. When I opened the door, he was standing there with a half-dozen chocolate covered strawberries from Amy's Ice Cream. I had mentioned last week how much I loved them when I heard a commercial, and was so glad he remembered. I loved being surprised like that! (And I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries.)

As much as I love the holiday, I don't believe it means that you have to go out for fancy romantic dinners. Much like New Year's Eve, I think it's so much more fun to stay home and do something special. Lucky for me, Hunk didn't mind that plan, either. In fact, he made it extra special and fixed one of my most favorite meals- fondue!! I had my running group after work, and was able to go home afterwards and eat to my heart's content without even lifting a finger. We had the most delicious fondue with sausage, bread, asparagus, brussels sprouts and cherry tomatoes. It was amazing. For dessert- we made s'mores out of some chocolate we had tasted at Central Market the weekend before. It was such a great, cheesy meal, and absolutely perfect for a special Valentine's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment