Friday, June 15, 2012

June Birchbox

This is quite possibly my favorite Birchbox yet! This month's theme is "Jet Set", and the box is devoted to products that will indulge your inner jet setter. There was a day when I used to travel frequently (mainly for work), but not so much anymore. I'm not complaining, but I'd love to throw these fun items into the cute little ziploc bag included and take off for a secluded beach far far away. Maybe when our fiscal year at work is over...

On to the box. There's not a single product in there that I don't like. This box even included a little something for the "Birchbox Man". They just launched a men's version and this is a way to promote it. At $20 a month (I can't believe their box is twice as expensive as the girl's version) I'm not sure that Hunk will be jumping on the bandwagon. But I am looking forward to smelling him as long as his little cologne sample lasts.




Included in this month's Birchbox:

tili Bags ($8.49 for 12): Breeze through security with these super cute plastic ziploc bags. I love that the design hides what's inside! If I was still traveling on a weekly basis, I would buy these in a heartbeat.

beautyblender blendercleanser ($17.50 for 6 oz.): That's a little pricey for essentially what is just soap (be it a soy-based formula that really helps remove built-up bacteria and oil.) But the honest truth is that I don't know that I have EVER cleaned my make-up brushes (gross, I know). And there was a lot of crap that came off of them as I was washing them off with this cleanser. I probably won't buy any of this, but it did trigger my memory that I really want to buy a beautyblender sponge for applying my foundation. A good friend of mine posted the most fantastic video on how to apply a flawless foundation, and I've been wanting one of these ever since!

Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive ($14.99 for a pack of 8): If this stuff works, I'm totally buying some! I used the towelettes this morning, and should know how they worked in another 2 hours. Anyone who knows me knows that I have some WHITE legs. I've tried a variety of self-tanners, and none have made me want to throw on a bikini and show my fake tan off. But these were super easy to apply, initially weren't very smelly (though I can now smell the typical "self-tanner" smell), and are supposed to adjust to your natural skin tone. We'll see. I'll try to provide an update later today. Fingers crossed.

Number 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect ($32 for 200ml): This great smelling leave-in treatment is for detangling and defrizzing with nutrient-rich botanicals. I've only used it once this week, so the jury is still out on how well it works, but I do love the fact that it has built-in UV filters to protect hair. I need some of that!

theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen ($17.00 for .3 fl oz): I am SO ordering this two-in-one lip and cheek stain. The color is absolutely perfect, and it gives just enough color to my lips without overdoing it. Plus, it feels more moisturizing than other lip stains that I've tried. I absolutely love this product!!

John Varvatos Star USA cologne ($55 for 1.7 fl oz): I'll admit, I love a man in a nice, clean cologne scent, and this stuff is about as close as it gets. The blend of ginger, juniper berries and vetiver is very fresh smelling without coming on too strong. I don't normally buy men's cologne, but the price seems pretty reasonable to me, and the bottle is super cool looking. I bet I wouldn't have any trouble convincing Hunk to take on a new signature scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment